Associates of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich are stepping forward to rebut accusations from Republican presidential rival Mitt Romney that he resigned in “disgrace” and paid an ethics “fine.”
Gingrich insisted during a candidates debate Monday that reports he was fined $300,000 for House ethics violations are inaccurate and records back up his claim the payment was not a fine.
A Newsmax examination of the House Ethics Committee report, and the record of the House debate in January 1997 as recorded in the Congressional Record, supports Gingrich’s contention that the $300,000 he paid was a “reimbursement” or “sanction” related to legal fees, but not a fine or admission of any wrongdoing.
Watch the following CNN Report.
Then listen to The Neal Bootz Show
Read more at Newsmax.com
Thoughtsjustofcenter: I thought it was a fine, I guess we all were wrong. However, I still have to ask: "Why haven't the media picked up on Newt's ex-wife saying that he is/was an ethical man?"
No comments:
Post a Comment