I've often thought of myself as someone that can see both sides of an issue and help improve on the solutions. Something that our Representatives and Senators are supposed to do for us as member of the United States Congress. Having been raised by a very religious Mother, an absent Father, two Step-Fathers, and a heck of a child's problem solver named Fred Wilkenson (at the Jessie Dyslin Boys Ranch, on the edge of Tacoma, WA), and by members of the US Army Military Intelligence community and the US Army Special Forces, I learned to became a man and take responsibility for myself - and have fun while doing it. Not everything goes the way you want it in life. You've got to learn from your mistakes (I've made a few - in all areas of my life) and drive on, adapting to various situations (whether created by you or not). If you’re ethical, it will sometimes be very difficult to proceed, but all of us must learn to make the (hard) right decision and act accordingly. If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and at your family and say that you've done the right thing. Then you either didn't know what the right thing was or you have lost you integrity. An item that belongs to you that is very easy to lose, yet it's a very long and difficult path to get it back. Without integrity, you can't be trusted.
So what’s this all about – well solutions that are off center, left or right of the line. “Take the best and leave the rest.” In solutions to our nations and our own personal problems. We must stop being selfish with each other and take responsibility and maintain our integrity. We can always blame someone, yet we have to come to an agreement and solve our problems ourselves. “If you and I don’t do it – Who will? The politicos, I think not, as they’ve got their hands in the cookie jar. And even though the cookie jar is empty, they do not have the fortitude to stand up and tell the truth to us. So that leaves us to do our own research and get the right ethical person (people) to stand their ground. Lastly, we as the people need to respond ethically and stand ours!
In writing this, I’ve created a few run on sentences and thoughts. I hope, that if you run across this on the web, that you will have the courtesy not to try and turn me into the perfect English grammar and punctuation symbol of the internet. Yes, I have dyslexic brain and fingers, so I will a few mistakes that spell check, or grammer check, will not catch or correct and a few that I don't believe the spelling or grammer needs any checking/correction.
((BTW – the cookie jar is in reference to money, “the people’s money.” You know those taxes we pay by April 15th of every year to pay for our government and the people who run it.)
Lastly, THANKS FRED, you will always be remembered as a man that showed many of us the way, using every form of persusiveness and compassion you had at hand in dealing with (this) troubled youth!
No comments:
Post a Comment