I left out a class or two (or three), so I’ll discuss them now.
“World History” and “U.S. History.”
It is important to know where you came from and why the world operates the way it does. However, “History” needs to be taught truthfully. If the United States of America was involved, as we know it has been for the last 250+ years, then the why’s of the decisions that were made need to be addressed. History needs to be taught without the “Right or Left” twists that the NEA puts on it. Teach it straight, the students may not totally understand, yet they will as they get older and live their lives out in the world.
“Music,” “Crafts (Shop),” “Life Skills” and “Physical Education.”
Should three of the four be mandatory as electives? I think so, as they are part of the physical development. They should begin at the Middle School or Junior High School level. Music or Shop should be the two courses that are interchangeable.
Life Skills should focus on the local, State, and Federal behaviors that the students need to know to survive socially and morally. Most of the focus should be on the local (50%) and State (30%) morays and cultural backgrounds and basically on how we should treat each other respectfully. The reason for this is, they majority of individuals stay within the area that they've grown up in, I'm an exception. As they get older, they may travel out of the local area, yet few travel and or live permanately out side of the State they were born and raised in.
Physical Education should focus on the development of our bodies (physical performance). I know I’ll run into an issue or two of deviant teachers, yet as/when they are caught – they need to be “outed with the community” and punished severely. Their licenses to teach should be taken away and they should become “black listed” from the teaching profession nationwide.
No comments:
Post a Comment